Well since "The Real World--Road Rules Challenge--The Duel," season has not ended yet, there wasn’t a DVD cover to do but the Official Website on MTV was great and had that I was able to comment on.
The way that MTV has found that for there shows to sell is by making the cast member look sexy and fun. And that is what they did when putting this Website together. The pictures they choose to show had the women looking sexy and guys looking hott and making it look as though everyone is having a great time. When entering the Website the first picture you see is one featuring two guys and the rest are women. They had one of the guys looking "hott" and the other guy with his tongue out looking goofy. I guess they did this to make this show appealing to different audiences. One’s looking for hott drama and others looking for a show that will have some comic relief to it. The choice of picture really relates to the meaning of the show because they were able to capture a lot of different things that this show is about. One they had some people looking intense like the side pictures with CT at the Duel, which the show at times was very intense, between the arguments that happened to the competition at the duels. They had the main picture with the cast in front of a beautiful background where the show was shot, it is fun to watch the show to see the awesome place that they are at and see the amazing house they all get to stay in. And like I said before they have the cast looking "hott" because at time the show does get hott between all the different hookups that happened during the course of the show.
I think that is it interesting that on this website one of the things that they feature is the "Duel after Show," where they feature the Duel loser, and have a sort of Q and A session with them. I think that this is interesting for a couple of reasons. Yes, they know that their viewers are always looking for more but some of the questions the host asks I feel are really just to pull as much drama or even create even more drama out of the show. I just think that is tactic is quite interesting to get MTV viewers even more into their show.
Another feature on the website is an intense photo shoot of each cast member where they have at least 3 pictures of them. In these albums you find many of the guys with their shirts off, with a "sexy face" pose going on. Also, you see the women in very little clothes in suggestive poses as well. At first glance, yes, this is nice of MTV is give the viewers some more pictures of their favorite cast member but really when looking at it, its like MTV did this to show that "Sex Sells." Make the cast look sexy and people want to watch.
Tuesday, January 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I was looking over the website and since I am covering The Real World, both websites are very much similar. The Real World website also has the photo albums with the suggestive poses in them. Also, with the fact that people want to be really involved with the relationships and the overdrive links, it is interesting how MTV provides links allowing internet surfers to view past episodes. Do you think that this has to do with trying to get more people to watch these shows? Another thing that I found interesting, was that while I was viewing the website for The Duel, there was a small screen on the upper left hand corner of the webpage that was playing the overdrive Q&A with Brooke from my subject, The Real World Denver. Once again, MTV is selling each show by advertising a similar show on anothers website, so that the fan base will expand to the other shows as well. And in the end, the more fans throughout all of the shows, means more money for MTV.
Post a Comment