Coming into this class I heard that it was going to be an online class but I didnt know that we were going to have to be using Blogs. I was nervous because well first off I had never even heard of Blogs and then second I was a little nervous that I wasnt going to understand how to use it. But, it turns out I did it and I am happy that not only in the class did I learn a lot about popular culture, but I learned about Blogs and actually made one.
I really enjoyed using Blogs over the course of this small semester. I thought that it was a lot easier to turn things in and be able to get a response back the next night. Through use of the Blogs it gave us an opportunity to work getting our homework done around our busy lives. I felt that the class was very laid back with using Blogger in the sense that I didnt have to stress about getting a paper done and printed out before class. I felt that through the use of Blogger it gave us an opportunity to make the class move faster and be able to get everything in with the short time we had for the course. To tell the truth I really didnt see any problems with using Blogger and really enjoyed the way that the class was run. It was a neat way to be able to look at what other people in the class were doing and check out there Blogger site as well as just our partners. I like that with Blogger we were able to put pictures in it, giving us visual learners a better sense of what people were sometimes talking about.
I would have to say that the most important thing that I learned about my topic during this process was how the Real World--Road Rules Challenge--The Duel, has such a negative influence on our adolence today. Before really looking at different aspect of the show I really never noticed, how much "hooking up" it shows, how much partying it shows, the amount of breaking promises and being fake to your "friends" to get ahead it featured. This show really does have too many good messages in it and I am not too sure if I would like my cousins that are at an influencial age right now to be watching this kind of "trash." I use to really like this show a lot but I really see beyond it now and I actually hate the pettiness of it and the cast members.
Saturday, January 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment